Join industry leaders by investing in additive
Aerospace 3D printing: A new way to fabricate composite and metal parts
Markforged 3D printing gives aerospace manufacturers a brand new method to fabricate with materials they already know: high performance composites and metal alloys. However, that’s where the similarities end — 3D printing fiber-reinforced and advanced metal parts is much more accessible than using conventional methods. Aerospace industry leaders are already adopting 3D printing to fabricate tools, fixtures, and prototypes — and Markforged is driving the definition of new standards and certifications to increase aerospace 3D printing adoption, including end-use parts.
Fabricate advanced continuous fiber reinforced parts from a comprehensive library of high-performance composites. Utilize Markforged’s ever-expanding portfolio of metals — including Inconel 625 — to 3D print high-fidelity metal parts capable of withstanding the extreme environments common to flying vehicles.
Built for Aerospace Requirements
Markforged recognizes the advanced regulatory and functional requirements of the aerospace industry. We are one of only a few companies to offer a UL94 V-0 Rated FFF printing material — Onyx FR. In addition to functional materials, Markforged is actively defining new aerospace compliance standards that enable broader use of 3D printed parts.
Turn the supply chain into a competitive advantage with distributed manufacturing at bases, airports, and maintenance depots. Get parts where and when you need them with the only digital parts platform built to go anywhere.
Digital Forge for aerospace 3D printing
JJ Churchill trusts the precision and unmatched strength of Markforged’s fiber-reinforced Onyx material. Find out how JJC and over 100+ of the world’s top manufacturers use the Markforged platform to dream bigger and accomplish more.
– Karan Singh, Manufacturing Engineer, JJ Churchill“Once we realized the directional strength properties available with the Markforged products, we haven’t used anything else.”
3D printed aircraft bracket forming tool
Top Flight Aerostructures provides the US Military with engineering and manufacturing services for composite and metal components used in aviation. Tooling is a major part of the costs associated with this type of aerospace 3D printing, so the company turned to Markforged’s continuous fiber 3D printers.
Using Onyx reinforced with continuous fiberglass, Top Flight Aerostructures used the Mark Two to 3D print a tool to form an edge support bracket in the largest cargo plane in the America military.
Why invest in Markforged 3D printers?
- Cloud infrastructure enables on-demand manufacturing at the point of need
- Markforged is driving new AM standards for aerospace
- Improve production with custom fixtures
- Markforged is the only 3D printing OEM that offers flame-redardant composite printing materials that can be reinforced with continuous fibers
- Highly secure platform means your data is safe
- Markforged enables you to print composites, continuous fibers, and advanced metal alloys on a single platform — seamlessly switching between materials
High-value aerospace applications
- Lightweight cabin components
- Brackets, harnesses, and sensor mounts
- Precision inspection tooling
- Functional prototypes
- Turbine hardware (Inconel 625 only)