Markforged, Inc. Cookie Notice
Last revised: August 15, 2022
For additional information about our privacy practices, please click here.
What are cookies?
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, Markforged) are called "first-party cookies". Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called "third-party cookies". Third-party cookies enable third-party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g., advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognize your device both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
We use first-party and third-party cookies and other tracking technologies to make our Websites easier to use and to track and target the interests of our visitors. We use the information we obtain from cookies and other tracking technologies to carry out profiling activities in order to learn more about you and offer you tailored advertising.
What types of cookies do we use and how do we use them?
Markforged uses both persistent cookies and session cookies. Persistent cookies are cookies that allow the Websites to recognize you. They are stored on your device in between browser sessions, and can allow us to remember your preferences and actions across multiple sites and on multiple visits. Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session, allowing us to link your actions during a particular browsing session. The cookies set by our Websites include:
- Storage Preferences: When you visit websites, they may store or retrieve data in your browser. This storage is often necessary for the basic functionality of the website. The storage may be used for marketing, analytics, and personalization of the site, such as storing your preferences. Privacy is important to us, so you have the option of disabling certain types of storage that may not be necessary for the basic functioning of the website. Blocking categories may impact your experience on the website.
- Essential: These cookies are strictly necessary for our Websites to operate properly.
- Marketing: These items are used to deliver advertising that is relevant to you and your interests. They may also be used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. Advertising networks usually place them with the website operator’s permission.
- Personalization: These items allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language, or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
- Analytics: These items help us to understand how our website performs, how you interact with the site, and whether there may be technical issues. This storage type usually doesn’t collect information that identifies a visitor.
- Do Not Sell: This indicates that you do not authorize Markforged to sell your personal data to third-parties.
For a list of the cookies used by Markforged, you can click on the cookie widget at the bottom of this page.
How can I control cookies?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our Websites from setting cookies used for interest-based advertising by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers. You can also opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available here.
- Platform opt outs. The following advertising partners offer opt out features that let you opt out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Advertising industry opt out tools. You can also use these opt out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
- Digital Advertising Alliance for Websites: outout.aboutads.info
- Digital Advertising Alliance for Mobile Apps: https://youradchoices.com/appc...;
- Network Advertising Initiative: optout.networkadvertising.org
Most web browsers also allow you to delete cookies that have already been placed on your device. This may delete the settings and preferences controlled by those cookies, including advertising preferences. You can find instructions to remove any cookies that are located in the cookie folder of your browser at https://allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Note that because these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use. Additionally, exercising these options does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic advertisements.
What about other tracking technologies?
Cookies are not the only way to recognize or track visitors to a website. We employ a software technology called clear gifs (also known as web beacons or web bugs), which helps us to analyze the effectiveness of the Websites and the content posted to them. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that are similar in function to cookies and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies that are stored on a user's device, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages or in emails and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We use clear gifs or pixels in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
The Adobe Flash Player (and similar applications) use technology to remember settings, preferences and usage. These are managed through a different interface than the one provided by your browser. This technology creates locally stored objects that are often referred to as "Flash cookies." Markforged.com does not use Flash cookies, but Eiger.io users may create pages that employ Adobe Flash cookies or other tracking utilities.
We use Google Analytics, which is a web analytics tool that helps us understand how visitors to our Websites engage with our content. Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track user interactions. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve our Websites. The reports disclose website trends without identifying individual visitors.
Do you serve targeted advertising?
Markforged does not serve targeted advertising. However, third parties may serve cookies on your computer or mobile device to serve advertising through our Websites. These companies may use information about your visits to our Websites and other websites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services that you may be interested in. They may also employ technology that is used to measure the effectiveness of advertisements. This can be accomplished with cookies or web beacons that collect information about your visits to websites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services of potential interest to you. The information collected through this process does not enable us or them to identify your name, contact details or other personally identifying details unless you choose to provide these.
How often DO WE update this Cookie NOTICE?