Eiger Makes Customizing Supports Quick and Easy copy
When 3D printing parts with overhangs, supports play a critical role ensuring parts are fabricated as expected. After printing, the supports are usually easily removed before the part is used. When use of supports is turned on when slicing a part, Eiger’s default settings automatically generate supports that are optimized for most parts. However, some parts include features such as internal channels, small overhangs, or threading that can be problematic with supports.
We have heard from our customers that they would like the control and flexibility to choose which areas of a part should or shouldn’t have supports. In response, we are announcing that our Eiger 3D slicing and printing software is adding a new Support Overrides feature, that makes it simple and easy to:
- Override default settings when using supports for a part
- Specify areas where supports should be generated or blocked
Eiger Support Overrides enable you to:
- Block supports in composite and metal parts with small overhangs, internal channels or threading.
- Block supports in areas of metal parts that would be difficult or impossible to remove without being separated.
- Quickly and easily generate supports where you need them and block supports where you don’t.
- Clearly see the impact of support customization ahead of printing.
All of the blogs and the information contained within those blogs are copyright by Markforged, Inc. and may not be copied, modified, or adopted in any way without our written permission. Our blogs may contain our service marks or trademarks, as well as of those our affiliates. Your use of our blogs does not constitute any right or license for you to use our service marks or trademarks without our prior permission. Markforged Information provided in our blogs should not be considered professional advice. We are under no obligation to update or revise blogs based on new information, subsequent events, or otherwise.
Never miss an article
Subscribe to get new Markforged content in your inbox