No Purchase or Entry Fee Required.
1. Contest Period: The Markforged Customer Part of the Month Contest (“Contest”) begins on the first Monday of the month and ends on the third Tuesday of the month (“Contest Period”).
2. To Enter: Visit https://markforged.com/part-of-the-month any time during the Contest Period and follow the directions to create a photo plus short description that shows a part created with a Markforged 3D printer. Complete the online registration and submit it along with your photo and description. Entry photos must be in JPEG or PNG format. Registration must be complete with an uploaded photo to be eligible. Limit one (1) entry per person. Entering an invalid email address, invalid personal information, or multiple entries will result in Contest disqualification. Entries must be submitted and received by 11:59 p.m. ET on the third Tuesday of the month. Entrants are responsible for determining the corresponding time zone in their respective location for online entry. All submitted entries will become the property of the Markforged, Inc. (”Sponsor”), and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to publicize any submitted entries including images in full or in part. Publication of an entry is not intended to indicate that the entry has been selected as a prize winner or is favored in any way.
4. Judging Criteria: Entries photos must be in JPEG or PNG format. Any submitted photo or description containing inappropriate language, images, or content of any kind will be disqualified. Sponsor and Independent Judging Organization reserve the right to declare non-qualified entries (those that are plagiarized, created under false pretenses or with false statements, show obvious lack of effort, contain incomplete, inapplicable, or inappropriate content, etc.) ineligible. All entry photos (and required descriptions) will be judged on the following criteria, with equal weight given to each, in all rounds of judging:
5. Voting, Judging, Verification, and Winner Notification:Internal judging by Markforged will take place between the third Wednesday of the month until the third Friday of the month to determine not more than four (4) Contest finalists, based on review and the established criteria listed above. Online voting by the Markforged customer community will take place approximately in the last week of the month to determine not more than one (1) Contest winner from among the four (4) finalists.. Judging will be conducted by a panel comprised of Sponsor’s marketing department, under the supervision of Promosis. Sponsor’s and Independent Judging Organization’s procedures and decisions in all matters relating to this Contest are final. In the event of a tie in judging, the tied entries will be re-judged using the identical criteria until the winner is determined. Sponsor reserves the right to designate no winner, if the Contest does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries, as determined by Sponsor and Independent Judging Organization at their sole discretion. Potential winner will be subject to individual verification by Sponsor. Any entry or entrant that is determined to be invalid or ineligible according to the judging criteria and eligibility requirements, or any potential winner who does not respond to the eligibility or winner notification or refuses to accept the prize, will be disqualified, and the entry that received the next-highest score from the judging panel will be deemed the prize winner, pending verification. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules. Winner will be announced on or about the last business day of the month.
6. Prize: One (1) Grand Prize: One spool of Markforged composite material for use on winner’s Markforged printer, plus a Markforged 3D printed trophy. Approximate retail value of Grand Prize is US$200.. A metal spool will only be awarded if the winning part is a metal part. Prize may not be transferred or redeemed for cash, in whole or in part. No substitution for prize permitted, except by Sponsor in the event of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded as determined by Sponsor. Winner is responsible for all costs or expenses not specifically exempted herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
7. Conditions:All submitted entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries must be original, unpublished, conceived and created entirely by the entrant, and not previously or currently submitted for consideration in any other Contest or promotion. Modifying, enhancing, or altering a third party’s pre-existing work does not qualify as an entrant’s original creation. Entry images must be original and unaltered, and must not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, privacy/publicity rights, intellectual property rights, or public/private property rights of any person or entity. Entries must not include any brand names or promote any brand or product of any kind (except Sponsor’s brand), Sponsor’s competitor’s names, or any content that may be deemed obscene, sexual, violent, or offensive. Entries may not depict or promote the use of alcohol, tobacco, illegal drugs, or weapons of any kind, and must not depict or promote unsafe, violent, or illegal activities. By entering this Contest, entrant assigns all rights of ownership of the entry to the Sponsor, including copyright, publicity rights, and the rights to reprint and otherwise reproduce the entry or parts thereof in promotional, advertising, and publicity materials for any purpose, and in any medium, without compensation. Entrants agree to the release of their name, address, and email information to Sponsor for winner notification purposes and for public winner disclosure as required by law. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to grant to the Sponsor and its promotion partners the right without limitation to use the winner’s name, picture, portrait or likeness, and voice in any future promotional material connected with this Contest, without further compensation, where permitted, and that such use can be made without prior inspection or approval of the use of any copy used in connection with it. Winner further releases the Sponsor and its promotion partners from any liability arising from such use, including, without limitation, claims for invasion of privacy, infringement of right of publicity, and defamation (including libel and slander). Sponsor and Promosis, Inc. may prohibit any entrant from participating in this Contest or any future promotion, if, in the sole opinion of Sponsor or Promosis such entrant (i) has tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, (ii) repeatedly shows a disregard for the Official Rules, or (iii) acts (a) in an unsportsmanlike manner, (b) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass Sponsor or Promosis, or any other entrant, or (c) in any other disruptive manner.
8. Limitation of Liability:TheSponsor and its promotion partners are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Contest-related materials; or for any individual's inability to enter the Contest, including but not limited to unavailable network, server, or other connections; failed software or hardware transmissions; other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, including lost, late, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected entries; or for any damage to any computer related to or resulting from participation. Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries by an entrant who submits the same entry multiple times or enters by using multiple/different or fraudulent email addresses or identities, or any other entry method that is not allowed under these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion should any of the foregoing occurrences corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If Contest is canceled for any reason, including but not limited to those listed above, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winner from among all eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation on the basis of the judging criteria outlined above. Entrants agree that the Sponsor, its promotion partners, related companies, and agencies, and their respective employees or officers shall not be liable for injury, losses, damages, or costs of any kind resulting from participation in this promotion or acceptance of or use or misuse of a prize or parts thereof.
9. Dispute Resolution:THIS PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Promotion, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Massachusetts having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participants' actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Promotion), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
10. Winner Announcement:The name of the Grand Prize winner will be publicized on the Sponsor’s social media.
11. Sponsor: Markforged, Inc., 480 Pleasant Street, Watertown, MA 02472
© 2018 Promosis, Inc.